While searching for some data on Microsoft for my bro i found this website or rather it was a
blog i think. It was a hate site of Microsoft. I have come across many hate sites and
communities before. but this one got me thinking. Why do we love to hate? We'll hate anything and everything. You name it- people, animals, books, software, food, exams list is endless. If Somebody is doing well in their career, we hate them. By hook or crook- they must
have definitely worked hard to achieve it and we must give credit for that. Unless of course if its
Dawood Ibrahim or Osama Bin Laden we are talking about. But mind you even they have worked very hard to get where they are today.
Even i have joined many of the 'hate' communities like 'i hate smokers', 'i hate bathing' (i really
do), 'i hate math' and some more. I guess to a certain limit it makes sense. That we may have a
strong dislike to certain things and want to let everyone know about it.
But what about those communities that breed hatred? Hatred- in the truest meaning of the word. With a single motive to destroy or completely ruin the subject. There are communities
that say 'We hate Muslims/Hindus', 'We hate Indians/ Pakistan'.
Back home on orkut i did a community search of 'hate' and wow! what a treasure trove of 'i hate../We hate..' communities i found. You just can't believe the kind of communities people create and there are people who actually join them!!!
There were some obvious subjects that mostly everybody hate...
- to wake up early..
- ekta kapoor's K serials..
- smokers/ smoking..
- exams.. etc
- Discussions after exams..
- you but i love you (???)
- when some wakes me up.. (sum1 ought to..)
- people with bad grammar!!!
- Manchester United..
- Computers.. (aren't they.. like.. using one?)
- to trust..
- missed calls..!!
- myself (:D)
- mosquitoes.. (like thrz anybody who loves'em)
- desperate journalism.. (maybe they meant Yellow journalism..)
- buzz on yahoo messenger
- Sri Chaitanya (apparently it is the most misguided evil organisation on the face of the planet)
- one community read 'I hate Love'..
- Flu and Cough.. :P
- orkut !!! (back stabbers!!!)
- me as if i care..
- 'i hate to hate' ,and,
- 'hate- Someone, anyone don't care' (huh?!!!!)
bottomline is that I HATE BOTTOMLINES..!!!!!!